We all have or have had that relationship that has been so up and down it’s not even a fun roller coaster anymore. Most of the times signs that the relationship is not going to work are already there.
Here are 6 fool proof reasons why it may not be working out.
1. You don’t communicate often or when you do it turns into a huge fight. If you feel nervous having to bring up things that concern you that may be a red flag that you have communication issues in your relationship. If you are worried that you bringing up a topic may cause a huge fight or it has happened before this is something you truly have to work on in the relationship. Most of a relationship is built on trust or communication.
2. You don’t spend quality time or alone time together. Do you find yourself hanging out with groups of friends and family all the time and there is never a moment of just the both of you alone ? That may be a problem. Especially as new couples are starting to find a balance in their relationship, there should be time for just the two of you to bond. Even for couples that have been together for a long time. You have to spend time just the two of you to keep that spark ⚡️ flowing.
3. You spend a lot of time on social media or your phone when you spend time together. Make some eye contact, speak to another, watch a tv show or movie without distractions. No one is saying you can’t use your phone while together ever. Especially in 2020, most people do everything on their phones from ordering food, paying bills, keeping in touch with friends , family and the news. It’s part of our every day life, but don’t let it be all that you do when you are together.
4.You can’t get over the past. Every couple has their history. Don’t let the past be part of your present especially if you have agreed on moving on and building the relationship back together. Bringing up the past can open up old wounds and leave both parties feeling hopeless.
5. You aren’t on the same page on serious matters like careers, building a family, marriage, saving money, religious beliefs etc. They say opposites attract but when the differences bring too much of a clash into the relationship , it is time rethink if this is a battle you are willing to fight or if this is a total deal breaker for you.
6. You don’t trust another. There’s nothing more to say about this. If you don’t trust each other it will never work out. You can’t expect to be in a healthy relationship where trust issues will always be a topic of conversation. No trust , no love.
Every relationship is different and one size does not fit all. It is important that when we are looking at our relationships we balance out the good and the bad, but realize that the bad should never overshadow the good. Know your worth, set your boundaries, and feel comfortable with standing your ground and asking for what you deserve.
There is no such thing as a perfect relationship, but it’s never a bad idea to work on the important issues in the relationship, so that they don’t spiral into bigger issues and not effect bigger areas of your lives.
What’s a total deal breaker for you?