We cannot ignore what it is happening in the world, and we can do what we can in our own homes by educating our kids and the children in our community of racism and acceptance.
We are in times where more than ever everyone needs to understand that we are all equal.
Below are 10 books you can choose from. They all have links for the Youtube read alouds that can be shared with your students.
- Not My Idea by Anastasia Higginbotham
- I Am Enough by Grace Byers
- Chocolate Me! by Taye Diggs
- Black is a Rainbow Color by Angela Joy
- Don’t Touch My Hair! by Sharee Miller
- All the Colors We Are by Katie Kissinger
- The Color of Us by Karen Katz
- Something Happened in Our Town by Marianne Celano, Marietta Collins, and Ann Hazzard
- How mamas loves their babies by Juniper Fitzgerald
- A is for Activist by Innosanto Nagara
Which is your favorite book that promotes diversity and inclusion?